Hello lovely crafters!
Well it is that time of year again, when we are gearing up to launch our very special annual retreat.
We can't believe we are here but this year is our 5th annual retreat, and we wouldn't be here without your unflagging and enthusiastic support - so thank you!
Over the next week or two we are putting the final touches on the classes we are bringing you and know you are going to love them! As always we have a mix of new teachers and (not-so-old) favourites, many new classes as well as some that sell out every year….
I can’t wait to share the program with you.
Today’s post is just to give you some important dates and a few details about scholarships etc.
- Mon 17th April - Scholarship Applications open.
- Wed 19th April - This year’s workshop list and schedule is posted.
- Sat 29th April 5pm – Scholarship Applications close
- Sunday 30th April 5pm – Registration goes live.
- Friday 5th May – Scholarship winners notified
- Our Annual Retreat! - Friday 8th - Sunday 10th of September 2017
This year we will have two full scholarship places available, as they were so successful last year.
The scholarship place includes a full residential place at The Craft Sessions annual retreat and a $500 stipend for anything you like - maybe travel, materials, babysitting for your kids....
Details about these scholarships will be posted on Friday 14th of April. Applications open Monday 17th of April.
2016 was the first year that we offered non-residential places and they were a wonderful addition! These worked really well for people who are happy to arrange their own accommodation, or those that live locally.
Non-residential places include everything that the residential place includes except for breakfast on the Saturday and Sunday and twin-share accommodation.
Last year, quite a few people stayed at Devine Estate which is just down the road.
The cost for a full place at The Craft Sessions 2017 weekend retreat is $895. The weekend is an almost all inclusive price. Inclusions are detailed below.
The cost for a day place at The Craft Sessions 2017 weekend retreat is $675. The weekend is still an almost-all-inclusive price that is much the same as a full place however accommodation and breakfast are not included with a day place.
The initial deposit on registration day will be $200 with the balance due on July 7th 2017.
The retreat is an all-inclusive weekend, where you will enjoy;
- Two full days of workshops (over two and a half days!) with our very talented and super encouraging teachers.
- Two nights accommodation twin-share in the beautiful Yarra Valley, just outside of Melbourne, at the Yarra Valley Estate.
- All meals including
- Friday drinks and dinner
- Saturday breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
- Sunday breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea
- Morning yoga on Saturday and Sunday
- Saturday afternoon there is the option of free time to spend with your new friends relaxing and crafting in the beautiful environment OR participating in optional extra workshops or restorative yoga
- A gorgeous arrival gift
The Craft Sessions retreat is all-inclusive event which offers workshops as part of the retreat, rather than offering a guaranteed place in an individual workshop. As part of the registration we collect three preferences for each workshop time slot in order to assign workshops to each person. While we try to give each person their first choice, this isn't always possible due to demand. We have always been able to give someone one of their top three choices.
Buying a ticket to The Craft Sessions means that you are happy to accept any of your three workshop preferences.
Apologies, we are unable to offer refunds based on class preferences.
Our events sell out crazy fast - last year’s annual retreat sold out in 5 minutes! However, we do often get to the end of the waiting list, closer to event time. So if you miss out but would like to jump on the waiting list then please email us at email@example.com after registration has closed with the subject heading "waiting list".
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or ask in the comments.