So we are getting close to our special event - Slow Stitching In The Barn, and we have excitingly decided that we will be able to fund one scholarship place to the event.
A quick reminder - the retreat runs from Friday March 31st at 6pm until Sunday April 2nd at 4pm in Trentham, Victoria.
We first offered scholarships to last year's annual retreat. I talked a little about why scholarship places are so important to me in this post here if you are interested.
This scholarship is for a full place at our Slow Stitching In The Barn retreat.
- Unfortunately we are unable to provide a stipend for travel or accommodation as part of this scholarship.
- Unlike our annual retreat, this retreat is non-residential so please be aware that the scholarship does not include accommodation. You would need to source accommodation locally in order to be able to attend.
- The retreat itself includes food and materials while you in attendance.
- This scholarship is being made available to someone who would not be able to afford to come otherwise. We respectfully ask that you don't apply if you could conceivably come without help.
- You would need to be available for the whole weekend of Friday March 31st 6pm - Sunday April 2nd at 4pm.
To apply please fill out the scholarship application form by midnight Friday March 3rd.
You can find the Scholarship Application Form at this link.
Applicants will be chosen by an small external panel based on criteria such as ongoing financial stress.
We will notify the successful applicant by Friday March 10th. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at this time.
Please know that we won't announce the name of the winner to respect your privacy. Of course if you want to tell people then go for it! Totally up to you.
There may be one or two paid places available to the retreat as we have had a few last minute cancellations so if you are interested then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and Jenn will get back to you. All the details can be found on the Slow Stitching In The Barn page.