Hello lovely people!
So it has been a week of quiet on this here blog but I promise there is a good reason. I was working on the final detail. That stuff is tricky. I want it to be fabulous and so every year I get stuck on the final details...as you do!
I still have a few little things to figure out but to make sure you all know what is happening when, I thought I would throw you a few dates.
Our official launch date is April 15th! By then the website will be updated with all you need to know.....but in the meantime….
1. Class list will be posted April 15th - via a blog post and by email to our mailing list. We are totally chuffed with it and know you will love it!
2. Registration will open April 24th at 5pm.
3. The retreat will run from Friday September 2nd 2pm to Sunday September 4th 5pm.
Due to the popularity of the event last year (we sold out in 2.5 hours!) then we are trying to make registration a little simpler.
When registration opens you will need to do two things:
1. Secure a spot by paying a $150 deposit via Big Cartel. The link will be posted on the registration page of the website at 5pm on April 24th. You will receive an email confirming your spot that also contains a link to the preference form.
2. Submit the online preference form with all your details and class preferences.
To finalise your spot you will need to:
3. Pay the remainder of your registration fee via direct deposit by July 7th.
Changing this process enables you to be sure you have a place immediately, and allows us to tell you which classes you have got into within a week - in the past this took time as we waited for preference forms to trickle in.
This year will be a very simple process - promise!
Classes are assigned in the fairest way we can think of - on a first come basis, based on when you register. Each class has a limited number of spots as we think it is really important to keep the class sizes small so we don't crowd our classes!
We release the class list a week early giving you time to think about what you would like to do before we start registration. There are about twenty different workshops over the three days (as well as three bonus workshops on the Saturday afternoon). There is so much choice this year that we know you will find many things that interest you.
At registration you will be asked for your top three preferences for each timeslot. The sooner you register the more likely you are to get your first preferences.
In the past classes such as knitting, embroidery, some sewing classes and our weaving classes have been very popular and sell out quickly, but we are never sure of what will be popular until we see your forms coming in…..
The cost of the event this year will be $889. The cost of the retreat is inclusive and covers;
- Welcome drink on our first night.
- Two and a half days of delicious meals - starting with an organic afternoon tea on Friday and ending with an afternoon tea on Sunday.
- All classes - 2 full days of workshops in small groups.
- Yoga - each morning and restorative yoga on Sat afternoon
- Two nights simple twin-share accommodation at the Yarra Valley Estate.
- An afternoon of "optional workshops" and/or time for crafting, relaxing, walking etc.
- Gift bag filled with goodies from our wonderful sponsors.
- Open fires, good conversation and community. A chance to slow down and feel the joy craft and community can bring.
The small increase on last year's price is simply based on an increase in our costs.
This year instead of having a payment plan we are offering everyone the opportunity to pay a $150 deposit with the remainder being due via direct deposit on July 7th. We hope this works for your all but please email us if you have any concerns at email@example.com.
Please note that we will run a scholarship this year for someone in financial need. Details of that will be up next week!
I think that is it for today. The big class list reveal is a few weeks away. I can't wait!