Hello lovely people!
So some of you have started pinging me about what is happening with this year's retreat - and I know I'm a week or two late - so apologies! March was annoyingly taken up by sickness so I am a little behind on the schedule. Anyhoo that's detail.
I wanted to share some dates and details with you today so that it is clear how this is all going to roll out. The website will be updated by with all the key information by our official launch date next week on April 7th. In the meantime….
1. Class list will be posted April 7th - via a blog post and by email to our mailing list.
It is by far our best yet. We are totally chuffed with it and know you will love it!
2. Registration will open April 21st at 9am.
3. The retreat will run from Friday September 11th 2pm to Sunday September 13th 5pm.
We are changing how you register this year to make registering your preference for diet, workshops etc part of the registration process. Registration will involve two steps;
- A direct deposit of your registration fee and
- Submission of our online form with all your details and class preferences.
Changing this process enables us to quickly tell you which classes you have got into - in the past this took time as we waited for preference forms to trickle in. It will be a very simple process - promise!
Classes are assigned in the fairest way we can think of - on a first come basis, based on when you register. We think it is really important to keep the class sizes small so we don't crowd our classes!
We release the class list two weeks early giving you a couple of weeks to think about what you would like to do before we start registration. There are twenty different workshops over the three days (as well as three bonus workshops on the Saturday afternoon). There is so much choice this year that we know you will find many things that interest you. At registration you will be asked for your top three preferences for each timeslot. The sooner you register the more likely you are to get your first preferences.
In the past classes such as knitting, embroidery, some sewing classes and our weaving classes have been very popular and sell out quickly, but we are never sure of what will be popular until we see your forms coming in….. To be honest, it's a bit of a thrill for us to see what you are interested in. Who knew last year how many of you would want to do leggings??
The cost of the event this year will be $869. The cost of the retreat is inclusive and covers;
- Welcome drink on our first night.
- Two and a half days of delicious meals - starting with an organic afternoon tea on Friday and ending with an afternoon tea on Sunday.
- All classes - 2 full days of workshops in small groups.
- Yoga - each morning and restorative yoga on Sat afternoon
- Two nights twin-share accommodation at the YVCC.
- An afternoon of "optional workshops" and/or time for crafting, relaxing, walking etc.
- Gift bag filled with goodies from our wonderful sponsors.
- Open fires, good conversation and community. A chance to slow down and feel the joy craft and community can bring.
The small increase on last year's price is simply based on an increase in our venue costs.
Details of our payment plan will be available next week when we release the class list. It will be a super simple process - as it was last year.
I think that is it for today. The big class list reveal is only a week away. I can't wait!