So when we were looking to put The Craft Sessions together I did a lot of thinking about the why. Why did we want to do it? What is it about? What kinds of things do we want taught? What kinds of teachers do we want teaching? Who is it for?
And this is what I came up with. I believe that;
- Crafting offers daily nourishment to the soul - a chance to slow down and get lost in the joy of creating. We need more of it!
- Old-school crafts or traditional handcrafts can be taught in new-school ways which are simpler, more accessible and produce beautiful results.
- Beautiful things can be made with very simple techniques and skills
- Making mistakes is the way you learn, so embrace them - they are also often very pretty.
- It's your craft. There are no rules to "how" things should be done. Do them in a way that makes sense to you.
- Crafting is bigger than just making; it's about community. It is about coming together with friends or strangers to learn, share and connect.
The Craft Sessions is the event that came out of this thought process. We hope it will be all this and more.
Any thoughts - did I get it right? Did I miss any?