Every knitter has the potential to be great.
Unfortunately, not every knitter is taught the simple secret to make you an awesome knitter, and so they knit on for years, often all their lives, without truly conquering or feeling completely confident with this craft. The secret is simple, itʼs all about reading your knitting.
Teacher: Georgie Hallam
Description: In this class, we will knit together to create a small sampler as we explore how to read your knitting in a variety of contexts. By the end of this class your confidence and your ability as a knitter will have soared as you will have learnt:
- to recognise both knit and purl stitches on your needles and in your work.
- to count rows without a row counter in stocking stitch, garter stitch, cables and lace and other patterns.
- how knitting charts can be your best friend.
- how to identify the different increases and decreases within a knitted piece.
- to knit lace and cables confidently.
- how to recognise individual stitches within a pattern.
- to confidently fix mistakes in your knitting without having to rip out entire rows.
If youʼve never quite had the confidence to tackle cables or lace, then this is the class for you.
Materials: Approximately 100g of dk/8ply weight yarn in a lighter colour (not black or navy). 4mm needles OR the size required by you to achieve a tension of 22 stitches and 30 rows over 4 inches.
Takeaway: A confidence in your knitting that you have never had before - and freedom from fear. Big promises but true!
Level: Intermediate. You must already know how to increase, decrease and cast-on and cast off.
Workshop Length: Half Day